Hi, everyone! This is my first ever Bloggiesta!
So what do I want to get accomplished this Bloggiesta?
- Update my review listings on the blog.
- Update my templates in Windows Live Writer.
- Make sure all my reviews are posted to Goodreads.
- Write up and schedule as many posts/reviews as possible for the upcoming weeks.
- Update as many old posts to new format.
- Chat and bloghop during this event with other participants.
- Update all of my Categories and Tags!
I may add more if they come to me, but I think that’s really all I want to work on.
I can’t wait to get started! See you guys then!
SO! Now that this VERY productive weekend is over, let me tell you what I got accomplished:
1. I updated my Reviews pages! I have my reviews listed by Author and by Book Title, and they were missing pretty much all of my reviews so far this year.
2. I updated my templates in WLW, which wasn’t a huge task because I had done most of them already.
3. It turns out I had mostly all of my reviews already cross-posted on Goodreads, so I didn’t have to do much on that front.
4. I scheduled posts for this week…that is better than nothing but still not what I had in mind, lol.
5. I updated most of my old reviews to the new blog theme/format on Saturday night and pretty much all of Sunday. They look way better! Am still missing a few though, and I still need to do the other posts that are not reviews.
6. I was able to participate in each of the Twitter chat parties! But since I was so focused on working on the blog I didn’t get a chance to do many challenges or visit blogs. I want to make sure this happens next Bloggiesta.
7. I updated all the Categories and Tags in all of my posts. I had all of them labeled when I was with Blogger, but when I switched to WP, they didn’t carry over, sadly. It took me about 3 hours on Friday night and 4 on Saturday morning to get them all updated. It feels good to have this done because now people will be able to sort my posts more easily and accurately.
I loved this event. I really loved the Twitter parties the best. I also did get to visit some challenges where I learned a few things, like line breaks in posts. :) Thanks, Jacinda (Reading Housewives)!!