Oh my gosh, you guys. Where did this year go?! I felt both long and fast! Overall, I had a fabulous year. We bought a house! We got a puppy! I’ve been loving both. :) But anyway, here are my final bookish thoughts on this year….
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I was REALLY excited about this one and I finally decide to read it aaaaand…it wasn’t amazing. :/ I do hear it gets better, so I’m still looking forward to continuing the series.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
I was so apprehensive of this book, mostly because of the age gap between the protagonists…but WOW! Tracey really made it work.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
I could not shut up about my love for this book. Really. READ IT! Don’t wait a moment longer!!
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Well, I actually didn’t step out of comfort zone this year. I’m thinking 2013 might be the year!! Bring on the adult high fantasy books!!
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
That’s right. TWO books! Same series, both thrilling and unputdownable!
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
from The Fault in Our Stars
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
I can’t believe I finally read this!! LOVED!
(Review coming soon!)
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
From The Fault in Our Stars…
(image from http://kyrandis.tumblr.com)
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
I read tons of novellas that were plenty short, and short ebooks, but I decided to go with books in print that were full novels…
Longest: 593 pages
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It?
Please, let me direct you to the following screen cap of my review of PANDEMONIUM:
(click the image to see full, non-spoilery review)
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012
From unknowns, to friendship, to love. I love those type of stories and this book has it. Also, I loved that they respected each other in all situations.
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
I learned about these fab ladies in January, at ALAMW, when I met Magan. I love both Estelle and Magan, and am so happy to have gotten to know them better throughout the year. Also, their posts are always insightful and fun. :D
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?
I thought this one was pretty good :)
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
Sadly, I have yet to post a discussion post on the blog. Maybe in 2013!
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
Honestly, I loved all discussion posts by Amanda of On a Book Bender. They are always so well thought out and easy to understand and relate to. Check them out HERE!
5. Best event that you participated in?
I did attend several signings, festivals, and such…
But my favorite was ALA Midwinter in Dallas! I met so many awesome bloggers, you guys! LOVED IT!
Here’s a pic of my partners in crime :)
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
I met SO MANY authors this year!! Some highlights…
And also, sadly not pictured…
John Green and Kristin Cashore!
But my most exciting was FINALLY meeting Richelle Mead. YESSSS!
Not only did I meet her, she loved my shirt, which I wore in honor of Seth from her Georgina Kincaid series. She even blogged about it (go here, and scroll all the way to the bottom)!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (by views)?
THIS year’s most popular’s post was:
Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Quotes From Books
People love book quotes!
ALTHOUGH! My overall most popular post was actually from 2011:
The Boys of Dessen: Wes
But more people love Wes. SA-WOON!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I don’t have a specific one. I’ll take what I can get. :)
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
This is probably more blogging related than bookish, per say…
It lets me schedule future tweets and facebook posts. Not only that, it also gives me stats for each link! Pretty dang useful.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Only the Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge, which I updated by lowering then upping a few times this year. In other words, I cheated a lot. hahaha
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
I have so many series that ended in 2012 that I have yet to read…I WILL DO THIS!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
YOU KNOW WHY!!!
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
The main thing I want to accomplish in 2013 is read more of the books I already own. I’m going to try reeeeeally hard to stick to this, you guys!