Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge was created by Amanda of On a Book Bender and Tara of 25 Hour Books to shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books they received that week and plan on reading in the coming week.
What’s the Word in Jess’s World…
I didn’t blog this week, and here’s why:
- This week I was sick. I was so incredibly, uncomfortably ill. I had an ear AND sinus infection. I’m now better, but that was such a shitty way to spend this week.
- Still packing/moving, which is really annoying and leaves me with very little energy or drive to read/blog.
- Had a bit of burnout going on. Still not completely over it, but I’m trying to push through it. :)
Around the Blogosphere…
Talking more about burnout, check out these two awesome posts by Kelly and Alissa:
- Dear bloggers,
- Spotlight on… Dealing with burnout
- Perks of Being a Wallflower – We recently learned that the trailer will first air during the MTV Movie Awards preshow, but now we also know that the film will open in limited release on September 14!!!
- The Great Gatsby – Have you seen the trailer yet?! Baz Luhrmann is the director and he also happens to have directed one of my favorite movies, Romeo + Juliet, which also star Leo DiCaprio, as does Gatsby. It looks different and interesting and I can’t wait to see it. Check out the trailer on Sarah’s blog, Storybound Girl. :D
Here are more newsworthy posts:
- What is OverDrive? – Sabrina tells a little bit about this very awesome way to borrow audiobooks and ebooks
Would You Like To Be A Guest Reviewer at Fiction Vixen? – Enjoy romance books and would like to review some? Check out the post at Fiction Vixen!
Armchair BEA week is almost here! Check out this post if you’re planning to participate.
(Listed as Pictured and by Pub Date)
From Publisher/Author for Review – Thank you, HarperTeen, Voice, and Berkley!
A Long Way from You by Gwendolyn Heasley (Pub. 6/5/12, HarperTeen)
The Pleasures of Men by Kate Williams (Pub. 8/7/12, Voice)
Stygian’s Honor (Breeds #27) by Lora Leigh (Pub. 8/7/12, Berkley)
NetGalley Titles – Thank you, Harlequin and Scholastic!
Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers #1) by Michelle Rowen (Pub. 5/29/12, Harlequin Teen)
All Summer Long (Fool’s Gold #9) by Susan Mallery (Pub. 7/31/12, HQN)
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (Pub. 7/31/12, Harlequin Teen)
The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test #2.5) by Aimee Carter (Pub. 7/31/12, Harlequin Teen)
Undead by Kirsty McKay (Pub. 9/1/12, Scholastic)