For the details on the birth of this feature, check out my first ever Gone with the Week post! :)
This Week on Gone with the Words…
Review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Top Ten Tuesday: Best Bookish Memories
Waiting On Wednesday: Let the Sky Fall
Review: Blaze (or Love in the Time of Supervillains) by Laurie Boyle Crompton + Guest Post & Giveaway!
What’s the Word in Jess’ World…
This week was really just a blur. I spaced out through most of it, just day dreaming about this upcoming week. Why? Because I have some time off coming up!! W00T! I’m only working Monday and Tuesday then I plan to relax. :D I’ll tell you all about it next post.
Racquel also was kind enough to lend me a couple of books by Lisa Kleypas because I have never read anything by her and it’s one of her favorite authors. Thank you, Racquel!!
ALSO! Remember when Kai, my puppy, chewed up my library copy of Opal? Well Yara of Once Upon a Twilight, a fellow Houston area blogger, was unbelievably kind and sent me a replacement. Not only that! She sent me a copy for myself! THANK YOU, YARA!!
Around the Blogosphere…
1. Rachel (Parajunkee) and Ashley (The Bookish Brunette) are hosting the first ever Twitter based Book Blogger Twitter Conference. Check out this post for all the details!
2. Yara of Once Upon a Twilight talks about the hard work that goes into blogging and about jealousy in the book blogging community in this post.
3. Sarah of Clear Eyes, Full Shelves talks to us about point-of-view in “Reading Rights + Wrongs: Interpretation, Point-of-View and Other Complicated Things”
4. Check out Brie’s (Romance Around the Corner) great post “Same New, Same New: Social Media, Hype, Book Discoverability, ARCs and Blog Homogenization”
5. Elena (Novel Sounds) created some really lovely wallpapers inspired by Unravel Me in “arts and crafts: unravel me by tahereh mafi wallpapers”
Interesting Search Terms this Week…
“i blame nicholas sparks” – I do too. Not sure for what though.
“pretty uneventful week” – Yup. That happened here.
(Listed as Pictured and by Pub Date)
From Publisher/Author for Review – Thank you, Scholastic, Penguin, Harlequin, HarperTeen, and Macmillan!
Mind Games (Mind Games #1) by Kiersten White (Pub. 2/19/13, HarperTeen)
The Look by Sophia Bennett (Pub. 3/1/13, Chicken House)
The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson (Pub. 3/1/13, Arthur A. Levine)
The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry (Pub. 6/11/13, Henry Holt and Co)
Neptune’s Tears (Timedance #1) by Susan Waggoner (Pub. 6/25/13, Henry Holt and Co)
My Totally Awkward Supernatural Crush by Laura Toffler-Corrie (Pub. 8/20/13, Roaring Brook Press)
Perfect Timing (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan #11) by Catherine Anderson (Pub. 2/25/13, Signet)
Fall For Me (Danvers #3) by Sydney Landon (Pub. 2/26/13, Signet)
A Most Improper Rumor (Whispers of Scandal #2) by Emma Wildes (Pub. 3/5/13, Signet Eclipse)
Crave the Darkness (Shaede Assassin #3) by Amanda Bonilla (Pub. 3/5/13, Signet Eclipse)
Her Knight’s Quest (Warriors of the Mist #2) by Alexis Morgan (Pub. 3/5/13, Signet Eclipse)
Mating Instinct (Moon Shifter #3) by Katie Reus (Pub. 3/5/13, Signet Eclipse)
The Mistress Memoirs (The Bridal Pleasures #4) by Jillian Hunter (Pub. 3/5/13, Onyx)
The Wanderer (Thunder Point #1) by Robyn Carr (Pub. 3/26/13, Harlequin MIRA)
Bought – Hardcovers/Paperbacks
Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern (Pub. 12/28/05, Hyperion) – SOON TO BE A MOVIE, starring Lily Collins and Sam Claflin!
Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society #3) by Ally Carter (Pub. 2/5/13, Hyperion Books for Children)
Borrowed – Thank you, Racquel (The Book Barbies) and Estelle (Rather Be Reading)!
Sugar Daddy (Travises #1) by Lisa Kleypas (Pub. 3/4/08, St. Martin’s)
Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises #2) by Lisa Kleypas (Pub. 3/3/09, St. Martin’s)
Star Crossed (Stargazer #1) by Jennifer Echols (Pub. 2/26/13, Pocket Books)