1. Best Book You Read In 2013?
Tomorrow I will have my Top Ten Favorites Overall of 2013, so be sure to check that out!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Rush (Breathless #1) by Maya Banks – I really enjoy Maya Banks’ KGI series and when I learned about this trilogy in 2012 I was really excited about it! But then I didn’t end up loving it like I thought I would… :( (My Review)
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
Just One Year (Just One Day #2) by Gayle Forman – After the way Just One Day ended I had certain expectations of Just One Year…I thought it was going to go a certain way, but Gayle completely surprised me with the way Willem’s story was told, and that is why it earned this spot. :) (My Review)
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
I read quite a few new authors this year, but the one that jumps out loudest in my mind is Jojo Moyes.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Read by Jake Gyllenhaal – If I was assigned to read this in HS, I must have skipped school that year, because I don’t remember it. :P (I was a bad student.) ANYWAY! I wanted to read this before watching the movie. I don’t read classics, but the audiobook was read by Jake and it was only about 4 hours long, so I went for it. The end gutted me and left me seriously pissed off. Great audiobook though!
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Truly by Ruthie Knox – I read Truly as a serialized novel this October/November for free on Wattpad, but the book isn’t going to be published until 8/5/2014! I loved it SO much, I want to read it again and review it, hopefully.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
11. Most memorable character in 2013?
GEORGE! From My Life Next Door (My Life Next Door #1) by Huntley Fitzpatrick – This kid made LAUGH! He was SO freaking adorable! I just loved him and I haven’t forgotten him, that’s for sure. (My Review)
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
This year I read a few books that made an impact on me emotionally, so here I’ll give you the last one to do so:
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?
The Host (The Host #1) by Stephenie Meyer – I bought this book in 2010 or 2009 after my love affair with the Twilight series…but I didn’t even attempt it until this year, and that was because the movie was coming out. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I ended up liking The Host! Glad I finally read it.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?
“You think it’s so easy to change yourself. You think it’s so easy, but it’s not. True, things don’t stay the same forever: couches are replaced, boys leave, you discover a song, your body becomes forever scarred. And with each of these moments you change and change again, your true self spinning, shifting positions– but always at last it returns to you, like a dancer on the floor. Because throughout it all, you are still, always, you: beautiful and bruised, known and unknowable. And isn’t that – just you – enough.” ― Leila Sales, This Song Will Save Your Life (My Review)
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
I read quite a few novellas this year, but I’m not counting those for this answer, just full books…
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It?
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare – Um, I pretty much wanted to explode all over twitter while reading this book, but I’m not the type to post spoilers, even now, months after being released. The whole book had me reeling.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013.
Familial: The Garretts, My Life Next Door (My Life Next Door #1) by Huntley Fitzpatrick (My Review)
Friendly: Will & Jem, Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare
Romantic: May & Ben, Truly by Ruthie Knox
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?
Looks like Contemporary Romance, in Adult, Young Adult, and New Adult.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
23. Best 2013 debut you read?
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?
27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?
Book Blogging/Reading Life 2013
New favorite book blog you discovered in 2013?
Hands down, Book Rock Betty :)
For being fairly new to the game, she’s got many things down already. Pro status! She’s got a great, unique, fun voice (and I’m not just talking about her speaking voice, which you can check out in her videos!) and her reviews are broken down to what matters to her most, like kissing, which I 100% approve of! If you have yet to “meet” Betty, stop by her blog NOW! :D
Favorite review that you wrote in 2013?
This is a bit difficult for me to answer, as this year I struggled with review writing, so I’ll go with one I was happy with…
Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
Best event that you participated in?
ALA in Chicago was SO much fun! I got to meet and hangout with so many great bloggers and also OMG! THE FOOD!! *drools*
Also Austin Teen Book Fest was a lot of fun! Ginger (GReads!) and I got to hang out with so many great people, including some very fun authors… ;D Also? We got poured on! Like, torrential rains! LOL That was so much fun.
Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog?
I had the pleasure of hosting Rachel Caine on the blog for a “live” Q&A and HOLY CRAP! The amount of views that post got left me speechless. Most I’ve ever gotten on the blog, by a long shot, in my three years of blogging. Probably small potatoes for some bloggers, but it definitely shocked me to get almost 800 views.
One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?
I don’t really have anything planned out yet… FAIL!
Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?
2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?
One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?
I pretty much wanna do better in all aspects of blogging this year. Read more, review more, visit/comment on other blogs more…all that good stuff.