2015 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 56
Number of Re-Reads: 12
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary Romance (duh. lol)
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Here are my Top 3
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines – Promises were made (Friday Night Lights comparison) and broken. Totally left me underwhelmed.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
The Devil You Know by Trish Doller – This was a GOOD surprise from Trish Doller. I didn’t know she had such a suspenseful story in her, but she did and totally delivered.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
The One That Got Away by Bethany Chase – I don’t know how many people actually did read this because of my love for it, besides Ginger (GReads!), but I did push it A TON.
5. Best series you started in 2015? THE GRISHA. Hands down.
Best Sequel of 2015? After You (Me Before You #2) by Jojo Moyes
Best Series Ender of 2015? Anything for You (Blue Heron #5) by Kristan Higgins
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Heather Demetrios – I’m really looking forward to reading more of her books.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don’t have one. I didn’t venture this year. :/
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – AMIRITE?!
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2015?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
I’d say The Grisha books, but also, SCARLET. Y’ALL. SO GOOD.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“I use to think that somewhere along the line, I’d find the key to that perfect life…and that once I had it, every day would be golden and easy and everything would fit. But life isn’t like that. There are only perfect glowing moments…and then there are everyday moments that weave them together into a shimmering path that can always be seen, even in the dark.” ― Kristan Higgins, If You Only Knew
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest: The Hidden Prince (The Orphan Queen 0.1) by Jodi Meadows – 58 pages
Longest: Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth – 531 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
All I gotta say is:
“Fine,” he said with a weary shrug. “Make me your villain.”
NO! WHAT? NO!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing, if you aren’t familiar)
Scarlet and Will! Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Paige and her girls. The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
If You Only Knew by Kristan Higgins – Nothing like reading a Kristan Higgins book.
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Max Watson! From my review of The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord: “Max Watson is what nerdy dreams are made of. He’s incredibly intelligent, funny, and so freaking adorable.”
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn, David Levithan – This was a reread, but I listened to the audiobook and totally found things I missed when I read the book last year. I loved it even more this time around!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne – DUDE! I was so sentimental while reading this. Emotional scenes with dads always make me cry though. lol
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne – Yes! Again!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven – I liked the book! But there’s characters in it that really pissed me off. Grrr.
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
Bring My Books, ran by the lovely Lindsey! – Lindsey’s posts are always very thoughtful. I discovered her blog through my co-blogger Morgan, who is really good friends with her. And now another friend of Lindsey’s also blogs here: Ashley! We’re one big happy family. haha Be sure to check out her blog!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Any Top Ten Tuesday post is always a hit.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Helloooooo! BEA was THE highlight. The amount of friends I got to meet IRL, y’all! It was heaven. I loved it. Check out my recap post!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
Again, meeting so many friends IRL after attending BEA.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I don’t have any this year… :(
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I participated in a few! Though I didn’t complete my Goodreads Challenge, I feel like I did well on the others, except Retellings. Ugh…
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater – So I can finally binge read the rest of the series!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Really just read more. Read more and write reviews. Be better in touch with the community is another thing. :)
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
None! I haven’t read one yet.