Welcome to the Outlander Read Along, everyone!!
I’m so happy that we decided to do this and I hope everyone has a great time participating.
I’m kicking off this read along with some questions for you guys from chapters 1 – 7, which are the chapters we’ll be reading this week. Next Monday, we will all post our answers to the questions below and Stalking the Bookshelves will have the next set of questions for us! There will also be a place for you to link-up your answers posts on the hosting blog each week.
The official Twitter hashtag for this read along is #OutlanderRA – Use this to tweet your read along posts, or in case you want to comment about the book while reading it!!
So let’s get started!
1. Outlander is a well-known book. Before you cracked it open, what were your expectations or assumptions about this story? Or did you jump into it with a blank slate?
2. Claire’s husband, Frank, is fascinated with learning more and more facts about his family tree, which extends back pretty far. Do you or anyone in your family keep a family tree? How many years/generations back does it go? If not, have you ever considered or attempted to create one?
3. How did you find Claire’s initial conclusion as to her surroundings after waking up from going through the stones? Did you think that was a reasonable conclusion?
4. How about her composed, rational way of dealing with the fact she’s traveled back in time. Did you find it believable? Do you think you would have acted the same way?
5. At this point in the story, what are your feelings or expectations on Claire and Jamie? Is Frank still a factor for you?
Bonus Question: Frank encounters a man outside of the inn where he and Claire are staying. He is afraid it might have been a ghost. What do you believe it was? Do you have any predictions or suspicions on what that was about?
So, what’s the schedule?
June 11th – Questions for chapters 1-7 announced at Gone with the Words
June 18th – Questions for chapters 1-7 answered & questions announced for chapters 8-14 at Stalking the Bookshelves
June 25th – Questions for chapters 8-14 answered & questions announced for chapters 15-21 on Tangled up in Blue
July 2nd – Questions for chapters 15-21 answered & questions announced for chapters 22-28 on Into the Hall of Books
July 9th – Questions for chapters 22-28 answered & questions announced for chapters 29-35 on Logan E. Turner
July 16th – Questions for chapters 29-35 answered & questions announced for chapters 36-41 on The Reading Housewives
July 23rd – Questions for chapters 36-41 answered on Gone with the Words. The end.
There’s still time to sign up!
Since this is the first week, you can still sign up and have your answers ready this upcoming Monday!
Write up a quick participation post and link to it in the linky below. This is the official way for you to sign-up. (The linky is the same on each host blog. You only need to enter your blog link once)
Grab the Outlander Read-a-along button over at The Reading Housewives and feel free to post it everywhere! :)