Week three brought the sexytimes!! I love how close Claire and Jamie become, but that fight at the end hurt my heart! WHY, Claire?! UGH! Anyway
I’ve loved hearing everyone’s thoughts on twitter (continue to use hashtag #OutlanderRA so we can all see!). Here are my answers to Carrie’s great questions for this week!!
1. We FINALLY get to the scene we’ve all been waiting for. You know what I’m talking about–yay sexytimes! What were your impressions? Was it what you were expecting? Or did you want more?
I actually didn’t think it needed anything more. I liked that they didn’t immediately jump on each other, that they talked for hours and worked to create intimacy by doing so. I loved that they didn’t take each other so seriously either, and that probably came from them being sort of friends. I thought it was great. :)
2. I know that some readers thus far have been bothered by the fact of Claire being married to Frank but still being involved with Jamie, despite the different time periods. Does their time as newlyweds change anyone’s opinion of that? If not, now what are you thinking of the situation?
I’ll be honest…it doesn’t bother me. Maybe it should, but it just doesn’t! I thought the time they got to spend together right after their wedding was really sweet and sensual. I don’t really think about the situation anymore. I want Claire to stay with Jamie forever!! I’m ok with her continuing to think of him as not alive, lol.
3. What did you think about the “waterhorse” that Claire saw? Why do you think Peter was so spooked? And what do you think this means for Claire?
Since it’s a re-read for me, I’ll tell you what I remember thinking the first time I read it. I thought, holy crap! LOCHNESS MONSTER!!! I was very confused about Peter’s reaction. I knew he was stunned about the waterhorse, but had no idea what the reaction to Claire was about. I guessed it would mean something, especially since it was its own chapter, but at the moment had no clue.
4. If you were Claire and you were knowingly in the vicinity of the stones, would you have done the same thing she did?
Man…I don’t really know!! In a way I thought she felt she had to try to get back because of Frank, but her inner struggle with leaving Jamie should have been a sign to her. I think I personally would have been terrified to venture out on my own, to be honest, no matter how close the stones where.
5. What do you think about Captain Randall? How do you think the family resemblance between him and Frank affects Claire and particularly her relationship with Jamie?
I totally think it affects her! Just like in that one scene where Randall has her in his office, he reminds her so much of him that she wants to give in. Scary! I think it affects my perception of Frank more though. My mind merges Frank and Randall sometimes, which isn’t fair to Frank, but oh well. He’s not all that important to me at this point in the story. (Man! I am so dismissive of Frank! I’m mean! lol)
Now go on over to Into the Hall of Books to get the questions for chapters 22-28 and to link up this week’s answers!!