This week’s reading went by fast! It started out so great, but it ended on a tough note. And I can’t believe it’s almost over!
I’ve loved hearing everyone’s thoughts on twitter (continue to use hashtag #OutlanderRA so we can all see!).
1. We are now settled into life at Lallybroch. What are your impressions of this place, and Ian and Jenny Murray? How do the stories of Jamie’s life here growing up shape your feelings toward him?
I love Ian and Jenny. I think they’re such great characters and make a terrific husband and wife. The stories about them as youngsters only warms my heart toward them even more. I love hearing about how Jamie and Ian got in trouble all the time. They make me love him even more. :)
Also? How kick-ass is Jenny Murray, y’all?! She’s all, “Yeah, I just had a baby and now I’m going to get my brother from those English bastards!” I love her…
2. What do you think of the story of what really happened between Jenny and Jack Randall? Could you have been as bold as Jenny? Does this change your understanding of Randall?
I think I would have probably reacted the same way as Jenny. I have gotten in trouble in the past for showing the same kind of boldness with the wrong people at the wrong times, but sometimes it just can’t be helped. My understanding of Randall was only cemented by Jenny’s story. He’s a complicated character, and one I loathe.
3. For the second time, we see Claire warning a Fraser about future events. Do you think this is wise? Or does this mess with history/the space-time continuum/the natural order of things?
I think that this piece of warning is pretty safe to give. I remember thinking the first time I read this, that it would definitely save many lives, and I was curious to see the differences in those family trees, especially Jenny & Ian’s.
4. Do you consider Claire brave or foolish for going after Jamie? Would you be courageous enough to go into enemy territory to try and save the man you love?
Did she really have a choice in the matter? I think I’d hate her if she hadn’t tried. She’s done quite a few other crazy things, so why not one that might possibly save his life for a change. I would have tried, for sure!
5. Jamie makes a gut-wrenching decision in Chapter 35. Do you blame Claire for putting him in that position? What kinds of repercussions do you expect?
Gut-wrenching is the perfect word to describe it. I can’t really blame Claire for this one. There’s no way any of them knew that would happen. I remember expecting, or hoping for him to somehow escape before Randall did any damage. But I had a bad feeling this time would not work out quite that way.
Now go on over to The Reading Housewives of Indiana to get the questions for chapters 36-41 and to link up this week’s answers!!