Week two has come to a close! I love everyone’s enthusiasm about the end of chapter 14, to the point where you went ahead and read the next chapter. LOL, that was AWESOME! And kudos to those of you who resisted *cough*Heidi*cough* :) I’ve loved hearing everyone’s thoughts on twitter (continue to use hashtag #OutlanderRA so we can all see!). Here are my answers to Carrie’s great questions for this week!!
1. Claire has been given the task of healer at the castle. She must adapt her nursing skills for the time and learn what herbs and etc will cure each particular ailment that is presented to her. Do you have any home remedies that were passed down to you (cure for a cold, bee sting or what have you)?
I’m sad to report that I use no home remedies for anything. I am a slave to modern medicine, I’m afraid. Sad, I know.
EDIT: I just remembered….my dad told me to take a shot of tequila when I have a sore throat. O.0 I don’t use this method, lol.
2. What do you think would be the biggest challenge of living in the past? (Clothing, hygiene, food, etiquette or etc.)
OMG! Definitely plumbing. I need a toilet! And a shower! I could live with not bathing for a couple of days, but when it came time to, I’d want a shower, dammit!
3. Do you have a favorite character, scene or quote so far? If so, share it with us.
I actually love all of chapter 14. I especially love how much care Jamie takes in making this as special for Claire even though he knows she doesn’t want to go through with it. I fell completely in love with him in this chapter.
4. What did you think about the addition of the blood bond in the wedding ceremony? Is this something you would do with the one you love?
I loved that! And I would not be hesitant to try this at my own wedding…though the cutting of my wrist completely terrifies me, lol. I’m a weenie. Maybe I’d just say the vows that go along with it, because they were lovely.
5. Are you reading along closely with the scheduled chapters or are you ahead or behind?
I am following the schedule!! But this is a reread for me, so I am able to restrain myself. Had this been my first time reading it, I’m sure I would have finished the whole book by now, haha.
Now go on over to Tangled Up in Blue to get the questions for chapters 15-21 and to link up this week’s answers!!