Published by Loveswept
Pub Date: February 9th 2016
Format: eARC | Source: NetGalley
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Buy the book! | Goodreads
Clementine Daly knows she’s the black sheep. Her wealthy, powerful family has watched her very closely since she almost got caught in an embarrassing scandal a few years ago. So when Clementine’s sent on a mission to live up to the Daly name, politely declining isn’t an option. Of course, the last thing she does before boarding the plane is to grab a stranger’s phone by mistake—leaving the hunky journalist with her phone. Soon his sexy voice is on the line, but he doesn’t know her real name, or her famous pedigree—which is just the way Clementine likes it.
Despite all the hassles, Justin Mueller is intrigued to realize that the beautiful brown-eyed girl he met at the airport is suddenly at his fingertips. They agree to exchange phones when they’re both back in town, but after a week of flirty texts and wonderfully intimate conversations, Justin doesn’t want to let her go. The only problem? It turns out that Clemetine has been lying to him about, well, everything. Except for the one thing two people can’t fake, the only thing that matters: The heat between them is for real.
5 Things I Loved About Call Me, Maybe
- Love at First Text: Ok, not really but sort of! Clementine and Justin get to know each other on the phone for a whole week (thanks to their accidental phone swap) and toward the end of that week things start heating up! But it was really fun to see their chemistry developing by just talking with each other since physical attraction always plays a big role.
- Book Blogger In Da House: Clementine has this online persona where she’s a book blogger! It was so fun reading about all the random book blogging tidbits we all do. She loves books and at times I wondered how it could be so hard for her to choose what to do with her life when books are her passion.
- Justin Mueller: It’s been awhile since I’ve read a guy so dorky but sexy at the same time. This guy checks so many of the book boyfriend boxes, it was ridiculous. I loved him. Even with his flaws.
- It Was Funny: There were times where this book made me really laugh! It did make me get teary-eyed at one point too, but that’s mostly because I’m a weenie.
- Quick Read: If you’re looking for a fun, romantic, quick read, this is your book!