This is definitely an interesting topic! My expecations are pretty neutral most of the time, but there are exceptions when I’m expecting a lot or not much from certain books. I thought this would be easy…pick 5 More and 5 Less books. Nope. Turns out a lot more books have impressed me than let me done, which is a good problem to have, it’s just that now the list is not even. Oh, well. Here we go!
1. Breathless Series by Maya Banks – After being meh about Bared to You, which is another book in this type of genre, I was really excited to read this trilogy by Maya Banks. I love Maya’s books, and if anyone could make me like the genre, it’d be her! But nope. Still meh.
2. House of Night Series by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast – So I might’ve been on this vampire book craze after twilight and might’ve thought the first couple of books in this series were ok…but omg did they just go downhill after a while! SIGH!
3. Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano – I REALLY liked Wither, y’all, and was really looking forward to this sequel…and then I got it and started reading it. I couldn’t get past page 50! I just could not get past the main character, which is really strange, considering it’s the same one from Wither and I didn’t have a problem with her then. I still plan to give it another try soon, now that the series is done.
5. Angel Burn Series by L.A. Weatherly – I’ve read a fair amount of angel books and was expecting some more of the same with this series, but its original take on angels completely took me by surprise!
6. Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon – I don’t know WHAT I was expecting out of this series when I picked up Outlander, but I was NOT expecting to go on a reading binge of the whole series for a month and half straight! The epicness of this series still blows me away.
7. On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves – I wasn’t sure if this story with main characters who had such a big age difference would really grab me or appeal to me, but holy mother, did it sweep me away! WOW! I LOVED it! So well done!
8. The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy by Jenny Han – I kind of knew from the get-go that I’d enjoy this series because my friend Ginger loves this series, but I was not prepared for ALL THE FEELS! ESPECIALLY in the third book! OMGAHHHH! Loved it!
9. River of Time Series by Lisa Tawn Bergren – I thought I’d like this series. I did not expect it to sweep me away, which it totally did! Who knew being thrust back in time to fourteenth-century Italy could be so captivating to read!
10. Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1) by Patricia Briggs – I’ve read my fair share of Urban Fantasy books, so I was expecting more of the same with this book. I was so wrong! It’s so much more than the average UF series! The characters! The World! The Story-telling! LOVE!