When I’m in the mood for light and/or fun books to read, my mind automatically goes to Romance novels, mostly Contemporary, but also Historicals. Because of that, I decided to make you guys my Top Ten faves.
1. Star Crossed (Stargazer #1) by Jennifer Echols – This book was totally fun AND seriously funny. Old college class rivals with secret attractions for one another who are now working for competing PR firms, with some seriously troublesome clients who are dating? FUN, RIGHT?!
3. Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins – Oh, this book. *sigh* It makes my heart smile just thinking about it. It has such a cute heroine and such a real, vulnerable hero. I love it! Still my favorite of hers.
6. Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family #1) by Shannon Stacey – This is another example of a big, funny, crazy family. The Kowalskis will definitely steal your heart. This story of old high school sweethearts reunited is truly fun.
7. Big Sky Country (Swoon-Worthy Cowboys #1) by Linda Lael Miller – While this one’s not as steamy as my other recs, it has a great slow-building romance, and there’s COWBOYS! :D And sibling rivalries! And old parental scandal in a small town! Good stuff. :)
8. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers #1) by Sarah MacLean – This is definitely one series you guys could totally start with if you’re looking to jump into some Historical Romance. The heroine is fun and adventurous and the hero is a TOTAL RAKE! haha
10. Cutting Loose (Sisterhood Diaries #1) by Susan Andersen – This is my latest read and I must say, I LOVED IT! This story of three childhood best friends felt like a nice change from the small town setting reads I’ve come across lately. Each chapter starts with a small diary entry, which is really cool. Also! The hero? And Irish Catholic redhead sailor. Yup. And he’s HOT!! Just look at that cover!