Top Ten Tuesday: New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013
I love this week’s topic! Especially because this year I did pick up a few authors who were new to me! Let us begin…
1. Ruthie Knox – My friend Ginger of GReads! has been telling me read her books all year long. But it wasn’t until her serialized novel Truly that I finally caved. Oh Em Gee. That book was SO GOOD!! I promptly decided Ginger was right and I’d been missing out.
2. Jojo Moyes – All year long I’d heard praises for Me Before You and so I finally gave in and read and DAMN! That book was great. One of my favorites of the year…
3. Leila Sales – I mean, have you read This Song Will Save Your Life?! I hear her previous books are also really good!
4. Diana Peterfreund – She’s written about Killer Unicorns and Secret Society Girls, but I haven’t read those. I read For Darkness Shows the Stars this year and LOVED it!
5. Shannon Hale – If there’s one book/movie combo I honestly immensely enjoyed this year, it was Austenland. You guys MUST get on that! SO fun!
6. Bella Andre – I totally binged on a few of her books this summer and it was delicious! :D
7. Robyn Carr – No, I didn’t jump into her Virgin River series, but her new one, Thunder Point, was enjoyable!
8. Sarah Addison Allen – Y’ALL. If all her books are as wonderfully written as The Girl Who Chased the Moon then I’m totally in! :D
9. Philippa Gregory – Yo! Her historicals are no. joke! Definitely enthralling and heartwrenching.
10. Nicholas Sparks – LOL I know, I know. I am a fan of the movies from his books, but I hadn’t felt inclined to read any of them until Safe Haven for some reason (Lie. It had to do with Josh Duhamel being the lead.). I liked it! I may read more.