So..Claire tells Jamie everything. It finally happened and I was on pins and needles. All of Chpt 25 was incredibly emotional for me. I couldn’t believe he was making her go!! His pain was my pain. :( So glad Claire made the right choice.
Also! We get to meet Jenny and Ian!! I love those two. LOTS!
I’ve loved hearing everyone’s thoughts on twitter (continue to use hashtag #OutlanderRA so we can all see!). Here are my answers to Carrie’s great questions for this week!!
1. How do you feel about Claire disobeying Jamie and the resulting punishment he brings forth on her for this? Do you feel that Jamie’s punishment was justified by the fact that everyone was put in danger by Claire’s actions? Finally, did Jamie’s vow with Claire’s dagger do anything to sway your thoughts or change your mind on how you initially feel/felt about his punishment?
I will not lie to you…I thought what Claire did was so completely careless, and I had not considered the magnitude of her actions…but I was fuming when Jamie decided to punish her. I mean, sure, he warned her he would do that if she didn’t stay put, but never did I think he’d go through with it! I was so, SO angry!! It wasn’t even about Claire anymore, it was about how he had let me down. I felt betrayed by this character who had been perfect in my eyes until that moment. I swear to you, I thought I could never—NEVER—forgive him for that.
That was my knee-jerk reaction…because then it happened. After all his stories and non-frivolous vows, I finally let go of my anger and came to an uneasy peace with him. I took time to mull over EVERYTHING that was said, and I decided I understood. I understood and actually thought it had been justified and fair in that specific situation, and only in that specific situation.
2. Just for fun, what was your reaction to the suspicious black spot Claire spotted on the floor near the area where Jamie was sleeping? Did you have any theories to what it might have been before it was revealed to be a _____?
Hahahah, I thought she’d gotten her period and had stained the sheets. Obviously this was before it started moving, lol.
3. With regard to the ‘changeling’ baby Claire and Geilie spotted in the wild – if it were you back then and you happened upon a changeling baby in the wild in a circumstance such as this, do you think you’d have reacted most like Claire or Geilie? Explain.
I probably would have reacted much like Claire did. I’d want to take the baby and help it. But that’s because I hate seeing children suffer. It would have been devastating for me to leave that baby there, even after the warnings Claire received.
4. Share your thoughts on Geilie Duncan. Is there anything that surprised you about her story or were you suspicious of her from the beginning?
I was always suspicious of her, but she was a complete surprise in the end. First, I did not expect her to actually be a “witch” or a person who practiced magic! White or black or whatever. I thought the rumors were just that, rumors. Second, I DEFINITLEY didn’t expect her to be from the future! That was the crazier of the two for me.
5. Your thoughts on Jamie’s LAST REASON for wanting to marry Claire – the one he had been so secretive about. GO!
Haha! Well, first I swooned…then I cracked up…then I swooned again. I also thought about how he’d hidden those feelings for so long and so well!
Now go on over to Logan E. Turner to get the questions for chapters 29-35 and to link up this week’s answers!!