I REALLY enjoyed this book and so I thought I’d highlight some of the reasons I loved it. So, here’s…
Ten Things I Loved About Cutting Loose
1. It’s based in Seattle, a city I loooooong to visit, and Susan Andersen does a wonderful job showcasing it. Kudos to any author who bases their book in Seattle because I WILL READ IT. They help me visit this city through their words.
2. The Sisterhood Diaries is a trilogy about three girls from completely different backgrounds who became best friends when they attended the same school. In their teens, they befriended a Seattle socialite/icon woman, and now, years later, have inherited her mansion and everything in it. FREAKING AWESOME!
3. Jane, our heroine, could almost be me. She is sarcastic, wears black all the time, and her favorite color is green. ME TOO!! I really loved her all the way around, flaws and all.
4. Devlin Kavanagh – Irish, Catholic, sailor, redhead, and rugged. Basically, a no-brainer for me, don’t ask me why. I don’t know! I definitely think there should be more redheaded heroes, that’s for sure. Dev has this laidback personality, with loads of sexuality. He’s just irresistible.
5. Speaking of Sexuality…Holy SMEXINESS, Batman! I loved how Jane and Dev had this instant heat when their eyes first meet but is so quickly squashed by incorrect assumptions. THEN! They try their damnedest to act like they’re not affected by one another, but the chemistry is undeniable. I also loved how much they had in common and how well they got along once they started getting along. They had an easiness to them that I was happy to see.
6. Jane’s besties, Ava and Poppy, are really different from each other, but they have this amazing bond. They kind of balance each other out in a way best friends should. I really enjoyed their scenes together because they were FUNNY!
7. The Kavanaghs – Sweet Baby Jesus, this was such a huge family! Not only does Devlin have SIX siblings, but he also has the parents, the aunt, the cousins, the nieces, and nephews. It was wonderful and huge! :D
8. Now, poor Jane…she wasn’t lucky in the parental department. She has some crazy-ass parents, our Jane. They are stage actors, which in her case means OVERLY dramatic and self-involved. She didn’t have a warm, loving family to turn. And even though they suck as parents, they are highly entertaining to the reader.
9. McMansion!! This place is HUGE! Kind of wish I had inherited it. :/ There are big rooms with big windows and secret closets!
10. This was not just a romance! There is also backstabbing and mystery and theft!! I liked that it had a little else going on.
All these things made Cutting Loose such a hit for me. I cannot wait to get to the next two books in this trilogy. Count this as a HIGH REC from me for fans of Contemporary Romance.
Cutting Loose by Susan Andersen
Series: Sisterhood Diaries #1
Published by HQN
Pub Date: May 28th 2013
Format: eBook | Source: Library
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Buy the book! | Goodreads
From New York Times bestselling author Susan Andersen, a classic tale of a good girl, a bad boy and the chemistry they can’t resist…
Jane thinks nothing can make her lose her cool. But the princess of propriety blows a gasket the night she meets the contractor restoring the Wolcott mansion. Devlin Kavanagh’s rugged sex appeal may buckle her knees, but the man is out of control! Jane had to deal with theatrics growing up—she won’t tolerate them in someone hired to work on the house she and her two best friends have inherited.
Dev could renovate the mansion in his sleep. But ever since the prissy owner spotted him jet-lagged and hit hard by a couple of welcome-home drinks, she’s been on his case. Yet there’s something about her. Jane hides behind conservative clothes and a frosty manner, but her seductive blue eyes and leopard-print heels hint at a woman just dying to cut loose!