Series: Dark Caravan Cycle #2
Published by Balzer + Bray
Pub Date: March 1st 2016
Buy the book! | Goodreads
A jinni who's lost everything.
A master with nothing to lose.
A revolutionary with everything to gain.
When Nalia arrives in Morocco to fulfil Malek's third and final wish she's not expecting it to be easy. Though Nalia is free from the shackles that once bound her to Malek as his slave, she's in more danger than ever before.
Meanwhile, Malek's past returns with a vengeance as he confronts the darkness within himself, and Raif must decide what's more important: his love for Nalia, or his devotion to the cause of Arjinnan freedom.
Set upon by powerful forces that threaten to break her, Nalia encounters unexpected allies and discovers that her survival depends on the very things she thought made her weak. From the souks of Marrakech to the dunes of the Sahara, The Arabian Nights come to life in this dazzling second installment of the Dark Passage Cycle.
Happy March 1st, friends! I’m so happy to be taking part in Heather Demetrios’s blog tour for BLOOD PASSAGE today!
Ten Random Facts About BLOOD PASSAGE
1. It takes place in Morocco.
2. I travelled to Morocco to do research – I slept in the Sahara, went to the souks—all of it.
3. Some of this book takes places in a cave and I checked a gorgeous one in Virginia called Lorraine Cavern.
4. This was the book I was the most scared to write. I didn’t want it to be a boring middle book. I’m really proud of it.
5. When I was in Morocco, my driver told me stories about the jinn, which are a big part of Islamic culture.
6. I have two rings with an eight-pointed star, just like Solomon’s Sigil in the book.
7. The cover for the series changed at the last minute, so Blood Passage has a different cover and came out five months later than it was scheduled to.
8. A lot of the lore comes from an amazing book that has helped me so much with the series: Legends of the Fire Spirits, which has jinn mythology from around the world.
9. I’ll be launching the book with Danielle Paige at Books of Wonder in Manhattan– her last book in the Dorothy Must Die series comes out just a few weeks after Blood Passage.
10. When writing the book, I burned Moroccan amber oil and listened to a lot of Ravi and Anoushka Shankar’s music.
February 22: Such A Novel Idea REVIEW
February 23: A Dream Within A Dream 10’s LIST
City of Books REVIEW
February 24: The Cover Contessa EXCERPT
February 25: Adventures of A Book Junkie INTERVIEW
February 26: Falling For YA MUSIC PLAYLIST
Bookaholics Anonymous REVIEW
February 29: Swoony Boys Podcast REVIEW
March 1: Gone With The Words 10 RANDOM THINGS
What Sarah Read REVIEW
March 2: Zach’s YA Reviews REVIEW
March 3: Curling Up WIth A Good Book REVIEW
Wishful Endings REVIEW
March 4: Bookfever REVIEW