So this week’s Top Ten topic came pretty easily to me, which was nice for a change. I decided to make it sort of like a timeline… Come see what I mean. :)
1. 2009: Twilight – See, I hadn’t really been much of a reader since middle school, but the Twilight movie was coming out on DVD and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. BUT! For whatever reason, I got it in my head that I had to read the book before watching the movie. So I spent 3 days of my 2009 Spring Break devouring the whole Twilight series. So, thank you, Stephenie Meyer. :)
2. 2010: The Year Of All The Books – Y’all. I went a little book crazy in 2010. Not only did I read 206, I bought most of the books I own that year as well, which is A LOT! It was awesome. And overwhelming. And I loved every second of it.
3. 2010: Smart Chicks Kick It Tour – ALL THE AUTHORS I LOVED AT THE TIME WHERE THERE! Cassie Clare, Holly Black, Melissa Marr, Kami Garcia, Margie Stohl, Kelley Armstrong, Alyson Noel, Sarah Rees Brennan (I think that’s all of them). It was incredibly exciting!! They were like rockstars.
4. 2011: The Year I Started My Blog – As I got more and more into books, and found more people through Twitter who loved the same books as me, so much excitement built that I needed an outlet. I make it my New Year’s resolution to start a book blog and stick with it. Check out my very first post! It’s so cheesy, lol. I love it.
5. 2011: Hello, My Name Is Blog – This blog wasn’t always called “Gone with the Words.” I first called it something along the lines of “Read? Don’t Mind if I Do…” I didn’t love it. I wanted something I could looooooove. So I asked for some help and friends delivered! In fact, you can see this blog name in the comments, suggested from my IRL friend, Lety. :) Thank you, Lety!!!
6. 2011: My First Blog Comment – OMGOMGOMG!! I HAVE A COMMENT!!! And it was from the lovely Jen Bigheart, inviting me to be part of the Texas Bloggers list! :D Thank you, Jen!! And so this one leads into my next one…
7. 2011: Texas Bloggers – You guys. I don’t know about the bloggers in other states, but Texas Bloggers are incredibly welcoming and totally embracing. I feel very lucky. :)
8. 2011: Houston Teen Book Con – You know those Texas Bloggers?? I got to FINALLY meet them at this book event!! I’m even really close to a few of them :D SHOUT OUT TO MY HOMIES!!! *sings – Rolling with the homiiiies* Great. Now I’m sad about Brittany Murphy. :(
9. 2011 & 2012: ALA Conferences – I first went to ALA in New Orleans the summer of 2011 and it was like magic. I was seriously in awe. Then I went to ALAMidwinter in Dallas the following year with my bloggy friends and it was SO MUCH FUN! I got to meet so many bloggers! I seriously loved it.
10. 2012: Richelle Mead – I got to meet Richelle Mead. RICHELLE MEAD, Y’ALL!! I’ve read all of her books and loved all of her books and OMG!! She signed my books and liked my t-shirt (which I wore in honor of Seth from her Georgina Kincaid series). We took a picture together and she posted it on her blog!! I DIE!