Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’d Play Hooky With
I won’t lie to you, guys! I have done this very thing before! I just can’t think of which books right now… ANYWAY! Here are my picks:
1. Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver (Pub. 2/2013) – After the ending in Pandemonium?! Who wouldn’t?!
2. Written in My Own Heart’s Blood (Outlander #8) by Diana Gabaldon (Pub. 2013) – Book 7 came out in 2009…OF COURSE I’d stay home for this book!! I’d probably need to be home sick for 2 days though because they’re typically so deliciously long! It’s one of my all time favorite series!!
3. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (Pub. 2013) – C’mon, now! Why would I go to work when I could live in Isla’s Happily Ever After for a day instead?
4. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (Pub. 9/2013) – I am DYING to read this book! I love Maggie, and I’ll be forever dying for her next books.
5. Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare (Pub. 2012) – I would fake my own death to stay home and read this one! TEAM WILL!!
6. City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare (Pub. 5/2012) – Because really…it’s Jace! Need I say more?
7. Shine (Shade #3) by Jeri Smith-Ready (Pub. 5/2012) – Fine, I admit it! It’s because I love Zachary and his kilt. *sigh* I’m a hopeless fictional boy addict.
8. Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth (Pub. 5/2012) – Because Tris needs to kick some ass all around town in this book. Oh yeah, and FOUR! :)
9. The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) by Richelle Mead (Pub. 6/2012) – I want to see my darling Adrian get to a happy place!!
10. Enshadowed (Nevermore #2) by Kelly Creagh (Pub. 8/2012) – I have been waiting for-ev-errrrr for this sequel!! It’s time…and I’d so call in sick to read it.
Oh! oh! Ooooooh! BONUS PICK!!
Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi (Pub. 2/2013) – Tahereh’s beautiful writing is definitely worthy of me playing hooky for this book. :)