What a great topic this week!! I found that if a book makes me cry or laugh, it becomes memorable. I’m really excited to share these with you guys, so I hope you enjoy them, maybe even agree with me on some of them. :) Also, I was in a DiCaprio mood…
1. Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead – This book has an amazing first few chapters, a great middle, and an even better ending, but it’s on this list because in the beginning, Georgina, our main character, strikes up a flirty conversation with a really cute, shy, smart, witty guy about her favorite author. She pretty much tells him she would do some pretty extreme things for advance copies of his books and then this happens. Best First Meeting EVER!
2. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick – Whatever your opinion on the rest of the book or series is, you can’t really deny the awesomeness of that scene in Biology (was it Biology?), amirite?! “Call me Patch. I mean it. Call me.” teehee Oh, Patch. Your name is funny, but who cares! I will call!
3. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready – One word: Logan :( This beginning is so heart-wrenching! I cried right off the bat!
4. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare – Are you kidding me with the ending of this book?! IT IS THE BEST EVER. It’s the perfect ending to the series. Like, for realsies.
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – Complete tearjerker!
6. Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon – This is the second book in the Outlander series and the reason is on this list it’s because the ending has this quote in it: “I stood still, vision blurring, and in that moment, I heard my heart break. It was a small, clean sound, like the snapping of a flower’s stem.” And then my heart broke too and I wanted the next book ASAP!
7. Delirium by Lauren Oliver – What. The. EFF! This was the most intense ending! Also, really sad!
8. Just One Day by Gayle Forman – ERMAHGERD! That ending!! When the she knocks and the door opens and AAAAH! Can I have Just One Year now PLEASE!?
9. We’ll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han – I can’t even with this book. I could not read the last few chapters of this book fast enough! I was on the edge of my seat, hanging on for hope against all hope that she would choose him! :P
10. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead – The ending of this book had me SOBBING! In the dark, at three in the morning, in my dark living room so as to not startle the fiancé with my crazy, lol.