I thought picking some favorite quotes from the actual stories these romances belong to would be the best way for me to describe why they’re my favorites. Some are shorter than others, but I felt each describe each relationship very well.
I also tried to steer clear of love triangle romances because I didn’t want it to become a Team thing…except for one, that I couldn’t not add to this list.
1. Jamie & Claire – Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon – “For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary. It is all. It is undying. And it is enough.”
2. Seth & Georgina – Succubus Blues series by Richelle Mead – “And if I only could, I’d make a deal with God and I’d get Him to swap our places.” (quote in book from song “Running up that Hill”)
3. Akiva & Karou – Daughter of Smoke & Bone series by Laini Taylor – “Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well.”
4. Augustus & Hazel – The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”
5. Adam & Mia – If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman – “You don’t share me. You own me.”
6. Joe & Lennie – The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson – “I know the expression love bloomed is metaphorical, but in my heart in this moment, there is one badass flower, captured in time-lapse photography, going from bud to wild radiant blossom in ten seconds flat.”
7. Wes & Macy – The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen – “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”
8. Travis & Harper – Something Like Normal by Trish Doller – “You should probably stay away from me,” I say, resting my head on my knees. “I’m a mess.”
9. Belly & …… ;) – The Summer series by Jenny Han – “Be with me.” (not spoiling this one! But YOU KNOW!)
10. Sam & Grace – Shiver series by Maggie Stiefvater – “You’re beautiful and sad”